Purpose: Educational Excellence for the “whole child”
Beacon Country Day School, offers an enriched educational experience that promotes educational excellence. We respect the value of each individual and develop the “whole child” by providing a warm, nurturing, positive, and supportive school environment and culture. Students are challenged to: build strong social, emotional, physical and academic foundations, gain more knowledge, responsibility, and confidence for the 21st Century through a total learning experience. Beacon Country Day School provides opportunities to develop self-esteem, creativity, and the joy of learning which will maximize each child’s potential, encourage lifelong learning, strive for personal excellence, and achieve educational excellence.
• In providing each child the enriched and accelerated learning needed to reach a high level of academic excellence for the 21st Century.
• In establishing positive, effective communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
• In helping each student establish a good self-concept, awareness and understanding of the world and of people, compassion, and a sense of pleasure and delight in learning.
1. We believe in providing each child the enriched and accelerated learning needed to reach a high level of academic excellence. This includes the development of independence, creativity, and motivation to learn and achieve within a well-structured, but low-pressure environment. Our curriculum provides each child with knowledge and opportunities to practice decision-making.
2. We believe in establishing positive, effective communication and interpersonal relationship skills. This can be facilitated in a carefully planned learning environment which is based on respect for each child as an individual, and a philosophy which practices positive support, individualization of each child’s program and faculty who are genuinely committed to the development of each child as a whole person.
3. We help each student establish a good self-concept, awareness and understanding of the world and of people, compassion, and a sense of pleasure and delight in learning, and in participating in the life present in our ever-changing world. It is our philosophy that children will be successful, and appreciate the natural and aesthetic qualities of the world in which we live.